Hello Cottonwood Families!
My name is Samantha and I am an HST here at Cottonwood School. I have taken on the role as the homeless/foster youth liaison as we build this program for families that may be in a housing transition or experiencing personal difficulties that affect access to education. The goal is to make sure your child has full access to all educational services. For 2022, I will be sending out regular monthly newsletters with community resource updates as they become available. Please let me know if you would like for me to remove you from this mailing list in the future by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacramento County Resources
Most Often Accessed Shelters and Services
- 2-1-1 Sacramento
- Cottage Housing, Inc.
(916) 492-9065 ext. 11
- Family Promise of Sacramento
- Francis House Center
- Lutheran Social Services
(916) 453-2900 x200
- My Sister’s House
- Next Move
- Sacramento Crisis Nurseries
North Nursery (916) 679-3600
South Nursery (916) 394-2000
- Sacramento Self-Help Housing
- Saint John’s Program for Real Change
- Volunteers of America
- WEAVE: Women Escaping A Violent Environment
Wind Youth Services
Drop-In Center: (916) 561-4900
Youth Shelter: (800) 339-7177
Placer County Resources
- Children’s Medical Services: Coordinate medical services for children with certain diseases, and medical and dental services for children and foster children of qualifying families.
- Infectious Diseases: Everything from Tuberculosis, HIV, Flu, and more.
- Nursing: Nurses offer professional health care service to the community through in-home visits for children and adults.
- Pregnant and Parenting Teens: Case managers offer aid, advice and direction to pregnant and parenting teens and their children.
- Immunizations: Immunization locations, flu prevention, travel health and more.
- Vital Statistics: Birth registration, all burial permits, and medical marijuana cards.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC): Eligibility, application, and information about the nutrition program for pregnant women, new mothers and young children.
The former Placer County medical clinics in Auburn and Kings Beach are now closed, and the county has selected Western Sierra Medical Clinic as the provider to accept Placer County patients. Learn more (PDF).
Public Health Laboratory
The former Public Health Laboratory in Auburn is now closed. View more information, including alternative locations for water and tick testing (PDF).
El Dorado County Resources
- Coalition for the Homeless
- – First Steps in Finding Housing Support
- H.E.L.P. Housing Emergency Lodging Program (1 night in a motel; available once every 18 months) 306-2352
- -Cash Aid recipients can use the Temporary Homeless Assistance- 16 consecutive days in a motel, $65 a night for a family of 4 or less with $15 additional dollars per family member of a family of 5 or more, once a year (a year from the previous time they used the Temporary Homeless Assistance). Guide a family back to their Cash Aid worker to access this assistance.
- Affordable Housing Apartments
- EDOK Continuum of Care
- Opens in new window
- Hope House
- Mother Teresa Maternity
- Housing Choice Voucher Program (Formerly known as Section 8)
- New Morning Youth Shelter
- Only Kindness, Inc.
- The Center for Violence-Free Relationships- Safe House
- Volunteers of America Veteran ServicesFood Resources
- The Upper Room
- Food Bank of El Dorado County
- Free Farmer’s Markets
- Women, Infant, Children
- CalFreshClothing Resources
- GVCC OutreachChild Care Resources
- Catalyst Communities (formerly Choices for Children)
- Charter Extended Day
- Community Happenings for ChildrenMedical Resources
- El Dorado County Public Health
- El Dorado Community Health Centers
- Shingle Springs Health and Wellness CenterDental Resources
- El Dorado County Community Health Centers – Dental
- Shingle Springs Health and Wellness Center – Dental0-5 Programs
- Head Start – El Dorado County Office of Education
- Community Hubs
- First 5 El DoradoAlcohol and Drug Counseling
- New Morning Alcohol and Drug CounselingMental Health
- NAMI – National Alliance on Mental Illness El Dorado County
- New Morning Victim Services Program
- Grief Support Groups
- Green Valley Church Classes
- Health and Human Resources
- Tahoe Youth & Family Services
- Cameron Park Counseling CenterImmunizations
- Immunizations via Public HealthEducation Resources
- Affidavit for Free Certified Copy of Birth Certificate in California
- Guardianship Information
- Health and Human Services Agency
- HEAP Home Energy Assistance Program
- Shingle Springs Tribal TANF ProgramCommunity Resource Brochures
- Family Service Guide for El Dorado County
- Family Service Guide for El Dorado County