NOTICE OF VACANCY
Applications accepted until 5pm on May 18
THE COTTONWOOD SCHOOL BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Cottonwood School is accepting applications for interested and qualified persons who wish to be considered.
Requirements for Application
To be eligible for appointment, an applicant must meet the following prerequisites:
A registered voter who resides within the geographic boundaries of The Cottonwood School (i.e., reside in the following counties [list counties]);
- A citizen of the State;
- Must not be an “interested person”; an “interested person” is (a) any person compensated by the corporation for services rendered to it within the previous 12 months, whether as a full- or part-time employee, independent contractor, or otherwise; or (b) any brother, sister, ancestor, descendant, spouse, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, mother-in-law, or father-in-law of any such person; and
- Must attend an orientation training for prospective board members on the Brown Act, conflict of interest, fiduciary duties, and effective Board governance. The Cottonwood School will hold one orientation webinar (approximately 90 mins) Date and time to be announced after the selection process is complete.
- All candidates for the Board must attend the orientation webinar.
- Applications to the Board of Trustees will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on May 18, 2022.
- Please complete the application linked here and add all attachment(s).
- Attachments: (1) Resume; and (2) A Letter of Interest Addressing:
- What leadership experience can you bring to the board?
- Why do you want to be a school board member?
- What is the role of the school board in the fulfillment of that purpose?
- Briefly describe your commitment to public education.
- What do you see as the strengths of The Cottonwood School?
- Anything else you would like the Board to consider.
A subcommittee of the Board of Directors will review applications to confirm that they meet the eligibility criteria for application. Candidates who meet these criteria will be interviewed by the Board at a Regularly Scheduled June Board Meeting, and the Board decision will be announced at that meeting.